Equine Claims Information – How to contact us.
Equine Mortality Policy
Call 1-800-331-0211 if your policy is with Great American Insurance Company.
Call 1-800-783-9418 if your policy is with Diamond State Insurance Company or Argonaut Insurance Company.
Call 1-800-732-6012, if your policy is with XL Group Insurance – Equine or American Reliable Insurance Company.
Call 1-800-431-1565, if your policy is with Starnet Insurance Company.
Please try to have your policy number and veterinarian’s phone number available for the company’s claim representative when you call.
Prompt notification of an illness, injury, theft or death of an animal is required according to the conditions of your policy. Failure to do so could adversely affect your coverage or the eligibility of a claim. Instructions and phone numbers for the company claims adjustors are provided with your policy. In case of an emergency, company adjustors are available 24 hours a day. If you have questions or need assistance, you may call a Blue Bridle representative during office hours.
Basic Guidelines for Animal and Equine Claims Information:
- If you need to call a veterinarian to examine or treat your horse, report the incident at once.
- Permission for elective surgery (such as castration) must be obtained in advance. Contact Blue Bridle to add coverage to your policy.
- Emergency surgery (to save the life of the animal) can proceed on the advice of your veterinarian if there is not time to call the company claims adjuster. In this case, notify the adjustor as soon as possible.
- Permission must be obtained to euthanize an animal. If it is an emergency situation, consent is not required if the attending veterinarian states that immediate euthanasia is necessary to prevent inhumane suffering.
- An autopsy and post mortem examination at the owner’s expense must be obtained.
- Call police is cases of theft, shooting or vehicular invovement.
Farmowners or Liability Policy
Call 1-800-526-1711 or 1-908-735-6362
Notify Blue Bridle Insurance Agency as soon as you can of any loss or any incident.
Provide policy number and name of the Insured as well as a contact name and phone number for a call back if needed.
Property Damage: If at all possible, secure the damaged property in order to prevent further damage. In the case of theft, a police report will be required.
Liability Occurrence: If there is an incident involving third party bodily injury or property damage, obtain all the specific facts and/or written reports pertaining to the incident and forward to Blue Bridle immediately by fax or email.
All Other Policies
Contact Us for claim filing information on all other types of insurance you have placed with our agency or if you have any questions on claims procedures.