Horse Farm Insurance includes Liability Insurance. Protect your investment with a Farmowners Insurance Policy
A Homeowners policy does not cover the risks associated with an equine business.
If your horse farm operations include horse boarding, horse training and/or providing riding instruction, for example, the need for a Farmowners policy definitely exists.
The insurance companies that Blue Bridle represents offer farm owners a horse farm insurance policy. This is a package policy that can be customized to meet your specific needs. There are many options available to add or expand coverage. Typically, a Farmowners policy will provide:
- replacement cost insurance for your residence and household contents, much like a homeowners policy, including coverage for related private structures;
- coverage for your outbuildings – farm barns, buildings and structures;
- coverage for farm personal property, such as machinery and tack, as well as hay and grain supplies;
- personal liability and commercial liability for your equine business activities is included which provides coverage for third party bodily injury and property damage claims that may be brought against you.
- The policy will not provide coverage for damage to non-owned horses in your care. You may add coverage back to the farm policy with the Care, Custody or Control endorsement.
- The policy will not include employer’s liability. You should be familiar with your state workers’ compensation and employer’s liability statutes and purchase this coverage separately in states where applicable.
Working with an experienced agent who specializes in all equine related insurance is of the utmost importance. Our agent will visit your property and go over the application thoroughly with you to determine your needs and explain coverage options. You will want to consider adding coverage for collapse due to the weight of ice, sleet or snow, for example, and you may elect to schedule your valuable articles.
Questions regarding all your concerns are best handled in a personal interview. Annual reviews of your horse farm insurance policy will give you the opportunity to adjust coverage as needed. Your calls to update coverage in the interim and questions are encouraged throughout the year.
Visit the Blue Bridle Blog page for timely and informative articles of interest.
STATES WHERE WE OFFER FARMOWNERS INSURANCE: Due to farm property inspection requirements, our agents generally confine their territory to a reasonable travel distance. This normally includes New Jersey, nearby Pennsylvania and nearby New York. (Exceptions must meet certain criteria.)
Contact Us for more information.